My blogging frequency has taken a huge dip, I am unable to find time to post anything and all my time is taken up by the little one! Here’s a feeble attempt to keep myself going – my summing-up-the-year-that-went-by meme…
* what did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
– became a mommy! 😀
– took up knitting and am now hooked to it
– read the 1000+ paged ‘A Suitable Boy’!
* did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
– I never make any new-year resolutions
* did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh, loads of babies were made this year! Apart from myself,
– my friends Pramod and Divya had a baby girl
– Seema and Vishnu had twins!
– Divya’s daughter completed their family of four
– finally, Sandhya joined the gang with a baby boy too
* did anyone close to you die?
– Yes , a dear chikappa of hubby 😦
* what countries did you visit?
– none, travel strictly prohibited due to aforesaid reason 😦
* what would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
– loads of fun times with the little one
* what date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
– Aug 20th – reason is obvious
* what was your biggest achievement of the year?
* what was your biggest failure?
– maintaining work-life balance during the initial days of pregnancy
– didn’t venture out on any trips 😦
* did you suffer illness or injury?
– yeah, morning sickness and a few others that come as a package when one is expecting! 😀
* what was the best thing you bought?
– my first pair of knitting needles
– lots of books, many of which I am yet to read
– some pretty silk sarees
– all the baby stuff
* whose behavior merited celebration?
– different people on different occasions
* whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
– some people at my work-place
*where did most of your money go?
– EMIs, premium payments and buying stuff for the little one
* what did you get really, really, really excited about?
– that I finally had our little bundle of joy in my hands
* what song will always remind you of 2010?
– Chanda hai tu, mera suraj hai tu – ‘coz I sing that for the kiddo and he likes it 😀
* compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? A lot happier
– thinner or fatter? Thinner I guess 😦
– richer or poorer? Little bit richer
* what do you wish you’d done more of?
– Taken up knitting earlier when I had more time on my hands, read more books, travelled, blogged more
* what do you wish you’d done less of?
– worrying, being affected by people’s behavior – ditto as last year – I am a ‘worri’some creature! 😀
* how will you be spending new year?
– Spent it at home with loved ones
* did you fall in love in 2010?
– yeah, with my two macho men! 😉
* do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
* what was the best book you read?
– A Suitable boy – Vikram Seth
– Mousetrap and other plays – by Agatha Christie
– revisited some old classics
* what was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
– The Hanuman Chalisa and some other sthotras
* what did you want and get?
– my baby to complete our family!
* what did you want and not get?
– nothing that I can think of…
* what was your favorite film of this year?
– I didn’t watch too many movies and didn’t like what I saw 😦
* what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
– 29. Didn’t do anything much… was busy with the baby, spent the evening with the hubby who’d come over to mom’s place
* what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
– no regrets really…
* how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
– kurtis and more kurtis – very comfy!
* what/who kept you sane?
– hubby, my parents
* what political issue stirred you the most?
– the depths to which Karnataka politics is falling
– the CWG organization fiasco
* what did you miss?
– Having ajji and chikappa around to bless our little one
* who was the best new person you met?
– my gynaecs! 😀
* tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010
– No matter what changes occur in one’s life, there is no bigger change than having a baby! One’s world is turned topsy-turvy – you can never be prepared for the experience it brings!
* quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
– Maine tere liye hi saat rang ke sapne chune…sapne sureele sapne – from Anand
Well, that was my meme! Better late than never – January isn’t over yet, though it has almost raced away! I will soon be at work 😦 Gotta rev up for loads of challenges ahead! Am very apprehensive, but am hoping that all the love and support from my family and friends will help me sail through the difficult times!
Hope all of you have a wonderful year ahead!!