Here’s the meme I did last year… now adapted for 2009. I find myself at a loss to write something original… thought this was a good way to sum up the year that was…
* what did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
– stayed all by myself at home for a fortnight
– took up a managerial kinda role at work
– moved my blog to WP!
– attended a yoga course
* did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
– I never make any new-year resolutions
* did anyone close to you give birth?
– Yup. 1 in the family and a couple among friends
* did anyone close to you die?
– Yes 😦
* what countries did you visit?
* what would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
– some dreams turning into reality
* what date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
– Jun 6th – I became a chikamma
– Jun 18th – we moved out to be on our own
* what was your biggest achievement of the year?
– leading a team at work
– moving out and setting up a home
* what was your biggest failure?
– maintaining work-life balance
* did you suffer illness or injury?
– just the usual bout of the flu when the seasons changed
* what was the best thing you bought?
– a cozy comfy winter jacket
– lots of stuff for the house which make it a home we love
* whose behavior merited celebration?
– both on different occasions
* whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
– oh, all the usual suspects!
*where did most of your money go?
– EMIs and premium payments
* what did you get really, really, really excited about?
– the picturesque train ride to Shimla
– celebrating Deepavali with lights at the new home
– the work-trip to Paris which also turned up a chance encounter with a close pal!
* what song will always remind you of 2009?
– all of Sonu Nigam songs in Kannada, which he seems to be belting out relentlesly these days
* compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? a leetle bit happier
– thinner or fatter? a leetle bit fatter
– richer or poorer? richer
* what do you wish you’d done more of?
– Reading, traveling for more holidays, blogging, learning to let go
* what do you wish you’d done less of?
– worrying, being affected by people’s behaviour
* how will you be spending new year?
– At home
* did you fall in love in 2009?
– yeah, I only seem to be falling in it deeper!
* do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
* what was the best book you read?
– An Equal Music – Vikram Seth
– To Sir with Love – ER Braithwaite
* what was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
– Some classical numbers
* what did you want and get?
– the chance to visit Paris
* what did you want and not get?
– oh several things actually… mmm
* what was your favorite film of this year?
– Luck By Chance, Wake up Sid, 3 Idiots
* what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
– 28. Didn’t do anything much… it was a holiday, paid a temple visit, sulked a bit, went out for dinner I guess (can’t remember too well!! :D)
* what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
– if only a few dreams were realized…
* how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
– not very different from the previous years… I did buy some trousers and skirts to prep-up my formals wardrobe
* what/who kept you sane?
* what political issue stirred you the most?
– the downfall of the BJP
* what did you miss?
– Pluto and ajji
* who was the best new person you met?
– the guy whom we worked with while in Paris
* tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
– Juggling home, life and work will only become more difficult as one goes up the ladder – one has got to find a balance somehow!
* quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
– Zindagi pyar ka geet hain, isi har dil ko gaana padega
Zindagi gham ka saagar bhi hain, haske us paar jaana padega…
Wishing you all a very happy new year and a lovely holiday season! Hope the new year brings lots of new and happy changes in its folds! I am hoping that 2010 will usher in some much-desired cheer in my life – both personal and work-wise… and I hope to be more regular on the blogging front as well!
Cheers and happy hols to all you folks out there!! 🙂