I picked this one from one of the blogs I read – commicacid
Thought this was the easiest and the best-way of doing a year-end round-up post!! 😀
Thanks LVL for the idea!
* what did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
– learnt to ride the 2-wheeler
– watched a cricket match live in the stadium
– completed 5 years at work
* did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
– I’ve never made any specific new-year resolutions
* did anyone close to you give birth?
– Yup. 2 in the family and a couple among friends
* did anyone close to you die?
* what countries did you visit?
* what would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
– Independence, harmony
* what date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
– Dec 2nd – I became an aunt
– Nov 2nd – we gave away Pluto on this day
– Sept 6th – for all the wrong reasons
* what was your biggest achievement of the year?
– Getting my Masters degree
* what was your biggest failure?
– Seeing my hard-work being wasted, unpaid and unaccounted for
* did you suffer illness or injury?
– just the usual bout of cough/ cold… and my occasional dose of leg-pain
* what was the best thing you bought?
– my hero-honda-pleasure
– a lovely red mysore silk saree
* whose behavior merited celebration?
– me in some cases and the hubby in some others
* whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
– several people at different instances of time
*where did most of your money go?
* what did you get really, really, really excited about?
– the trip to London
* what song will always remind you of 2008?
– though not exactly remind…these are definitely my finds from 2008
– minchaagi neenu baralu
– pappu can’t dance saala
* compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Less excited is what I would say
– thinner or fatter? Status quo
– richer or poorer? richer
* what do you wish you’d done more of?
– Reading, traveling, blogging, learning to let go
* what do you wish you’d done less of?
– worrying, being affected by people’s behaviour
* how will you be spending new year?
– At home
* did you fall in love in 2008?
– yeah, deeper!
* do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
* what was the best book you read?
– A Thousand Splendid Suns – I read so few 😦
* what was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
– some lovely Kannada songs, from the newer breed of films
* what did you want and get?
– the MS degree
* what did you want and not get?
* what was your favorite film of this year?
* what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
– 27. I was running around trying to retrieve all my project-work from my laptop which chose to crash on the D-day
* what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
– Lesser discord
* how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
– it was time to bring in some bright colours
* what/who kept you sane?
* what political issue stirred you the most?
– the coalition mayhem in Karnataka politics
* what did you miss?
– the independent life-style I’d enjoyed while in Singapore last year
* who was the best new person you met?
– Jaya – my roomie in London
* tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
– life is so full of compromises and is never gonna be a bed of roses. But at the end of every dark day is a bright tomorrow
* quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
– Enaagali munde saagu nee…
bayasiddella sigadu baaLali…
from Mussanje maatu
On that note, here’s wishing all you folks a very happy new year!!
May this year bring loads of happiness, success and prosperity your way! Have fun and take care!!